Friday, February 13, 2015

Micro Fiction - Realization


Source: Google Images

After finishing the daily chores, I sit in front of the mirror combing the hair and as I look up to see myself, the reflection I see astonishes me altogether for what I see is not me but a deformed piece of flesh with the lust marks of my wild husband all over. The reflection prompts me to ponder and retrospect as to who am I and what’s my existence to him, a recreational object which during the daytime serves food to him on the table and during the night gets served to him on bed.

Every night as his filthy fingers touch my body, my soul is crushed and withered layer by layer & I feel like a helpless deer being thrown over the wall in a deep pit full of hungry lions pouncing on me with all their might. This had become a part of my life and I had stopped complaining about the same but today as the mirror showed me the real state of mine, I am startled & I refuse to let it go, to remain confined in those dark corners, to fall prey to that animal and to get savaged & soul-crushed every night.

The door of my conscience that has long remained close has now opened and as the realization imparts the courage, the reflection in the mirror starts transforming from a deformed piece of flesh to a resurrected soul who refuses to serve herself to an animal, even if that happens to be her husband.

~Shubh Life . . . Om Sai Ram

© 2015 Manish Purohit (Reserved)

Heartfelt thanks for visiting here. . . While the thoughts are woven with the strings of the words, what remains to be seen whether they do manage to form a bridge for you to cross and listen to the beating. And if it does, do drop in your beat in the comment box . . . it always feels great to hear from you :)

Linking back to Five Sentence Fiction & Write Tribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its all about sharing life's snippets here at Musings of a Wandering Heart. . . Your thoughts on the post are awaited & would be highly appreciated.

Do provide your comments & visit again as all effort would be made to respond to your message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...